Therapeutic Services at Haven Psychology
Haven Psychology provides a broad range of therapy, coaching and wellbeing services across two practices (Brisbane and Melbourne) in Australia. Consultations and therapies are available in house, and through video conferencing.
Our tailored, high-quality and evidenced-based psychotherapy, counselling, and assessments are suitable for individuals, families and groups.
We provide therapy for individuals and those in relationships using the most effective and contemporary evidence-based strategies within an empathic and empowering therapeutic environment. Our therapy sessions can be conducted in-house, online and by phone through secure video conferencing.
Individual Therapy Options
Approximately one in five (20%) Australians aged 16-85 experience a mental illness in any year, but less than half (46%) of these people will access any treatment. Seeking the help of a psychologist or counsellor can be one of the most effective ways of getting started on your journey to better mental health.
Our team can provide individual therapy for clients aged 12 and older seeking help with:
- Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress
- ADHD and Autism (neurodivergence)
- Gender Dysphoria and Exploration
- Life Changes and Transitions
- Grief and Loss
- Other mental health concerns
You do not need a referral to book in to see one of our clinicians.
Psychology supports for NDIS Participants
Haven Psychology offers psychology and counselling supports to NDIS participants that are reasonable and necessary as per the NDIS guidelines. We can provide these services to NDIS participants aged 12 and older with Self-Managed or Plan Managed Supports. Our practices in Milton and South Yarra are wheelchair accessible, with audio enabled lifts, and accessible bathroom and toilet options available. We offer telehealth for those who are remote or unable to travel for therapy.
Diverse relationships and sexual practices
Haven Psychology understands that relationships take different forms to the traditional male and female couple. We also understand that that there are challenges and difficulties in any and all relationships. We can support you with your relationship issues and our team is experienced working with all relationships including:
- Same gender/sex
- Gender diverse and non-binary
- Non-sexual or aromantic
- Atypical sexual relationships and practices
- Ethical Non-monogamy
Our team includes clinicians who are also psychosexual therapists and can support you with many sexual health, gender, and relationship concerns, such as:
- Exploring gender identity or sexual orientation
- Painful sex
- Sexual dysfunction – like erectile dysfunction or difficulty with orgasm
- Low sexual desire, or mixed desires in partnerships
- Sex after trauma
- Exploring and incorporating kinks and fetishes
- Navigating safe and consensual intimate relationships
- Sex during and after pregnancy
- Having sex with STIs
Assessments and Reports
Our assessment program is available for clients aged 8 years or older and we can offer the following:
- Adaptive functioning
- Cognitive ability
- Learning difficulties
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Autism spectrum
- Combined autism & ADHD
- Other psychometric assessments
Please discuss with our team the purpose for undertaking an assessment and we can provide further guidance.
In conjunction with our assessments and therapeutic services, Haven Psychology can support you with reports and applications, such as:
- Letters of support for school, university, or work
- Gender confirmation surgery letters
- Applications for the NDIS, Disability Services, or Centrelink
- Treatment summaries for third parties
Please discuss with your clinician or contact our team what you need, and we can assist.
Note: we do not provide medico-legal reports.
Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
We know that individuals that receive appropriate treatment experience both immediate and long-term positive outcomes, but there are also significant benefits for employers. These benefits typically take the form of improved productivity, via reduced absenteeism and presenteeism (reduced productivity at work), and lower numbers of compensation claims. Contact our team to discuss opportunities to help your business with mental health and wellbeing.
Board Approved Supervision
Our CEO and Principal Psychologist Denise Abreu is a Counselling Endorsed, Board Approved supervisor who offers
- Primary supervision for Counselling Psychology registrars
- Secondary supervision for Provisional Psychologists
- Ad-hoc and on-going supervision for other Psychologists and health professionals
- Complex mental health and trauma informed care
- Complex and developmental trauma
- Dissociative disorders
- Inclusive healthcare
Haven Psychology offer a range of professional development programs for practices and individuals either online, or at your practice. If you are interested in our programmes, or would like one created for your organisation or practice, contact us. Some topics covered in the past include:
- Inclusivity and affirming private practice
- Supporting parents of trans, gender diverse and non-binary children
- Understanding atypical relationships
Our Director of Operations, Michael Bradbrook is an experienced business improvement consultant and can help you improve your practice efficiency, improving your clients’ experience and profitability.
- Client pipeline management
- Practice management software
- Financial performance
- Business metrics